The importance of good environmental practices in organizations
Today we hear from the different media how our environment and natural resources are increasingly affected and deteriorated by excessive pollution, industrial development, overpopulation, excessive consumption of natural resources... and other factors that as main consequences have triggered global warming, negative effects on health, exhaustion and comes to our reflection as from our organizations, workplaces and home we can reduce these impacts.
And the answer is given in implementing "Good Environmental Practices", which means that through standards applied daily within an organization negative environmental impacts are reduced.
Here are some of these environmental practices or tips:
1. Identify and evaluate from the development of my economic activity, what are the different environmental aspects and impacts, for example, dumping, emissions, water consumption, energy, noise generation.
2. Already identified, a plan can be drawn up to control or mitigate these impacts; here are some recommendations that may be useful, depending on the type of organization and resources:
Optimization of water consumption.
Turn on light only when needed.
Turn off electrical appliances. at the end of the day.
Reduce material needs (paper, inks etc.)
Deposit waste in the right place.
Replace cleaning products with toxic substances by more innocuous or environmentally friendly methods.
Transport and sustainable mobility.
3. Designate a person responsible for the management and enforcement of these environmental practices.
4. To make members of the organisation aware of the importance of caring for the environment and the negative effects of not doing so.
5. Communicate clearly what these good practices will be and make it a custom, a habit, an organizational culture.
6. Start its implementation and at planned intervals review its effectiveness, if necessary rethink this practice or its management.
7. Communicate to all members of the organization results and how teamwork has contributed to the environmental impact.
The implementation of these good practices in organizations, has a great impact not only on the environment, but also on cost reduction, improves the image that we reflect to our customers, suppliers and community in general, It also produces a sense of belonging to collaborators and the generation of habits and environmental awareness that will be reflected and multiplied in their families.
LARM, your home away from home!
Practices, Environment, Resources, awareness, community, waste, impacts, LARM.
You can find more articles like this by clicking here .
This article is intellectual property of LARM Colombia SAS. It is forbidden to reproduce partially or totally the content of this post.